With all the floods, hurricanes and earthquakes currently happening around the world, what a better time to try and prepare for the worst BEFORE it happens!
Throughout the month of September, www.ready.gov is providing essential tips and information on how to promote preparedness. Every week this month will focus on specific information organize plans for your family, community and even how to do your part in helping first responders in case of an emergency.
WEEK 2: SEPTEMBER 10 – 16, “PLAN TO HELP YOUR NEIGHBOR AND COMMUNITY”
- Learn skills you need to help yourself and others until help can arrive. Joining a local or online certification program is a great way to give back. Find a team near you and volunteer today!
- Take Until Help Arrives Training.
- Check on your neighbors – Almost half of Americans expect to rely on their neighbors after a disaster!
- Talk with your Power Company about Utility Safety. If you don’t know where the shut-off valves for water/gas/electricity are, call your utility company and ask someone to show you!
- On National Prepareathon Day, Friday, September, 15, hold an event!
All information and images courtesy of: WWW.READY.GOV